Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Let Me Get this Off My Chest...


The Middle-School Mom's Rap
(With my apologies to all rappers out there, even the bad ones.)

 
 
Let me tell you bout a little pet peeve of mine;
It's cheaters in the middle school pick-up line.
It happened to me just the other day;
So listen here closely what I'm gonna say.
 
My day was was great, I was feeling fine.
I got there first, at the head of the line.
I glimpsed in my mirror and what did I see?
A known line-cheater in his SUV.
 
I watched as he pulled in front of me;
Turned off the ignition and pushed back his seat
I sat there a minute, tried to count to ten.
But you can probably guess what happened then.
 
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad, mad, mad, mad.
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad. Boy I got mad.
 
I got out my car and I walked to his door; I said,
"Roll down your window; let me tell you what for!"
He rolled down his window, said "What do you want?"
I said, "You better get comfy, I'm about to say a lot."
 
"You see, I been sittin here since quarter to two.
I always try to be number one or two.
Then here you come a drivin like you own this place.
You flaunt your disobedience right up in my face."
 
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad, mad, mad, mad.
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad. Boy I got mad.
 
"You passed 50 cars on your way up here.
I don't know what you thought they were doing there.
I guess you thought that you were better than us.
Sliding up here right behind the bus."
 
"Well let me tell you that ain't the way it works.
I'm ain't putting up with no cheatin jerks!
So if you want to pick up your kid, my friend,
I suggest you drive right back to the end."
 
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad, mad, mad, mad.
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad. Boy I got mad.
 
He called me a name and he turned away from me,
But before he shut his window, I reached in and grabbed his key.
I threw it just as hard as my old arm could.
I threw it in the bushes where it hid real good.
 
I walked to my car sayin, 'Have a good day!"
The people behind me were all looking my way.
I started hearin cheerin from near and far;
I gave them all a wave as I got in my car.
 
He got mad, mad, mad, mad. He got mad, mad, mad, mad.
He got mad, mad, mad, mad. Boy he got mad.
 
He sped off in his little ole SUV,
and as he did he flipped a big ole bird at me.
I gave a smile and a great big wave.
I haven't seen him back since that very day.
 
I got mad, mad, mad, mad. I got mad, mad, mad, mad.
I got mad, mad, mad, mad.
 
I got middle school, mothers rule, get in line, we just fine, take no crap, listen that mad.

P.S. None of this actually happened, but in my mind, this is how it went down. I'm a bad ass. In my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment