Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Blog about Nothing


This is what I accomplished today:






 

 

 

What? You don’t see anything?  Don’t adjust your set; it really is empty.  Because that’s exactly what I did today – NOTHING.

I had good intentions.  Today was supposed to be pool day.  Then Tessa ended up in my bed last night and we slept till 8:30 this morning.  I also awoke with a sore, swollen foot from a week-old spider bite. That’s when I changed the plans to a quick trip to Walgreen’s Minute Clinic and playing outside the rest of the day. 

We decided to leave at 11:30.  Then 12:00.  Then 1:00.  Finally, sleepy, hot and extremely lazy, I decided my foot could wait another day and we wouldn’t go anywhere.

So here we sit in our old ramble-around-the-house clothes, watching TV and eating junk food.  We’ve wondered outside a few times so Tessa could ride her bike (a newly-learned talent) and to check the mail.  I’ve put a few dishes in the dishwasher and made up my bed.  But mostly, I’ve relaxed and enjoyed just being still for a while.

Summer at its finest.

Tessa riding a bike for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment