Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Phineas and Ferb - I need you!!

Question: What are the two words that a mother dreads most?                

Answer: Summer Vacation!!

Ahhh…Summer.  Those joyous days of sleeping late, playing all day and eating ice cream.  For the KIDS.  For us moms, well…our days are filled with extra laundry, extra dirty homes, larger food bills and an increased supply of migraine-strength Excedrin.

It’s not that we don’t love our kids; of course we do! It’s just that, like a rich dessert, it becomes too much of a good thing.  You can’t eat cheesecake all day, now can you? (OK, technically you can, but you will REALLY regret it that night while you’re sitting in the bathroom hoping the rest of the family can’t hear what’s going on in there.)  Kids are the same.  You start out loving that first, delicious bite, but by week three or four, you’re stuffed to the gills and looking for the Tums.

I’m determined to stick to my plans this summer: reading, catching up on math skills, trying new adventures.  I expect that determination to last for about two weeks, at which time I’ll give in, find my lawn chair and work on my tan.  Then mid-August will be here and I’ll wonder once again what happened to that endless summer stretched in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment