Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hello, Loneliness...I've Missed You!

I am in A MOOD.  Not just a mood.  A. MOOD.  Yes, of course that means a bad mood, you silly gooses!  You know me too well.

There’s no real reason for it, unless you count the (still) broken A/C units (yes, plural), the TWO broken lawn mowers*, the continuous rain, the mile-high grass and the humidity.  Add a cranky kid, hot and dirty dogs, chickens pooping all over my newly-painted gazebo, and a husband tired of me complaining about all of the above. 

It’s mid-summer, my friends, and I am at my melting point.  BUT…thanks to my sweet hubby, I’m getting a break this weekend!  A real break!  Away from the house and the animals and the heat…and best of all…BY MYSELF!!!

TWO WHOLE NIGHTS in a cabin in the mountains.  Hiking, swimming, reading, sleeping…A HOT TUB…

I cannot wait. Of course I love my family and I’ll miss them, but…TWO WHOLE NIGHTS!! ALONE!! A HOT TUB!!

I’m feeling better already.

 

*In the interest of full disclosure, I guess I should admit that one of the mowers came back tonight, fixed.  So the grass will be mowed tomorrow and that will be at least one thing back to normal.  But I still get the weekend!  Right??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment