Wednesday, June 5, 2013

An Auspicious Start

So, this happened today...

 
 
This was the view while driving the first leg of our trip to DC - Philadelphia to Bristol.  We were ready to leave our house at 12:30 this afternoon, but "what's the hurry", we asked ourselves?  "We have all the time in the world", we told ourselves.  Huh.  Looks like ourselves aren't too smart.  We waited until that perfect moment when the storms started and everybody and their grandma and the horse they rode in on decided to drive East.
 
After what felt like a day-long drive, we arrived at our hotel.  While turning in, we noticed a Cheddar's restaurant close by.  Yay!  What a great place to go for dinner!  Except then Tessa decided: 1) she was tired from the drive (apparently sitting on your rear-end and playing on the DS is MUCH harder than actually driving in this stuff): 2) she had a stomach-ache (she must have forgot to use this one while in the car - it would be a shame to waste it); and 3) it would be much easier to eat in the room (yeah, I don't get that one either).
 
I called and placed a to-go order and Don went "to-go" get it. (Ha! I crack myself up sometimes.)  When he walked back into our hotel room, he informed us that the restaurant had just called to say they gave us the wrong order.  Yep - nothing in that bag that Tessa would eat.  So this time I get to find my way to Wendy's for a quick, greasy dinner.
 
Now it's late and Don is snoring in the bed beside me while Tessa watches "Full House" on TV and I sit here wishing I hadn't eaten that last bite of hamburger.  This vacation is off to a great start...
 
 
 
Writer's note:  I was going to wait and finish this post tomorrow, but I was gently reminded that being on vacation is not an excuse. So, you're welcome, Larry. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment