Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Be It Ever So Humble..


We’re home.  Six days and five nights of togetherness.   Around 1200 miles in an automobile.  Restaurant meals and snacks from 7-11.  Gas station bathrooms.  Blistered feet and sore backs.   I have never been gladder to be home!

I have a ton of stories I could tell you.  I’ll share some of them over the next few days.  But for now, let me share what I learned on this trip.  To do so, I offer you this chart:

PRO
CON
I got to see Lisa.
Lisa fueled the Tessa fire, making her act like a 19-year-old and begging me to buy, buy, buy.  Thanks, Lisa. :-P
We got to visit with Pat, Casie and her beautiful boy, Ben.
I wasn’t able to sneak him into my purse and take him with me.
We stayed in a great hotel with marvelous views.
One bathroom. Need I say more?
The weather in DC was cooler than normal for June.
It was cooler because it rained. Every. Single. Day.
We got lots of exercise walking around the town.
Wait, that last one was a con, not a pro. Duh.
We took an extra night and stopped in Richmond to look around.
We were too damn tired to leave the hotel room.  Oh, and it rained. Of course.
We were able to take a much needed break from farm work.
The grass was ass high, the litter box was full, and the A/C had stopped working.

 

I know, I know…I should be grateful that we are able to travel.  And I am.  But I’m even more grateful that we have a home to come back to.  And I learned the most important lesson of all – next year, we’re buying a pool and staying home!

The Washington Monument in the rain. Sums up our vacation pretty nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment