Sunday, June 23, 2013

Me Time


I love my family.  I really do.  I enjoy their company and I would throw myself in front of a train for them.  But folks, let me say this straight: I. LOVE. TIME. ALONE.

Let me give you the details of the last 15 hours of my life, in all its glorious spectacularity:

1.       I took an hour-long bubble bath without any interruption;

2.       I finished the book I’ve been trying to read for two weeks;

3.       I was able to lay on the sofa and watch whatever I wanted on tv;

4.       I slept until 8:30 this morning;

5.       I had bacon for breakfast and didn’t have to share;

6.       I haven’t heard anyone ask me to do something, get something or “come here”;

7.       I’m getting ready to put on my swimsuit, grab the Sunday paper and lay in the sun without the hubs ogling me and the kid wanting me to get in the pool.

Ahhhhh….I told you it was spectacular!  Everyone needs alone time.  EVERYONE!  I even try to convince my daughter of that.  She needs time to spend in her room, playing or reading or watching TV without mean ole mom telling her to clean up.  I try to give Don alone time in the evenings when he gets home from work.  I try to catch my time at night after everyone has gone to bed. 
But I have to tell you, a whole night of just me and the cat??  YES!!!  I feel refreshed, happy and energized.  And now I’m ready for them to come home.  But check back with me about 5:00 this evening.  Cause you know I’m gonna be ready to kill them both by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment