Monday, June 17, 2013

Cinderella - The Middle-Aged Years


Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like you’re swimming through pudding?  You know what I mean – one step forward, fifteen steps back?  Rowing against the flow, swimming against the tide, spitting in the wind…However you want to say it, I’ve had one of those days. 

Cleaning house around here is just plain stupid.  Two people who live here, let’s call them “Ron” and “Vessa”, are messy.  Unclean.  Dirty, even.  They, in turn, think I’m OCD, a neat freak, or just plain mean.  Moi????  Mean?????  I think not!

C’mon folks, it’s not that hard.  There is one major rule (which never gets enforced) that I live by: everything has a place.  Laundry goes in the laundry basket.  Dirty dishes go in the sink.  Trash goes in the trash can!  Really, how hard is that?

Don, I mean RON, gets a pass.  As head of the household and a M.A.N., I don’t expect him to change.  I knew he was this way from the beginning and I accept that.  Vessa, on the other hand…she’s half mine, right?  She does have some of my genes, correct?  My mother was neat; I’m neat…for the love of God, WHY CAN’T SHE BE NEAT?????????

Sigh…I guess there could be worse things than a messy house and dirty floors.  I’ll just lie here on my watermelon-stained, cupcake crumb-filled bed and try to think of what that could be.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment